Title: Cry Like a Man : Fighting for Freedom from …
Book Condition: New
About this title
His grandfather’s lynching in the deep South, the murders of his two older brothers, and his verbally harsh and absent father all worked together to form Jason Wilson’s childhood. But it was his decision to acknowledge his emotions and yield to God’s call on his life that made Wilson the man and leader he is today.
As the founder of one of the country’s most esteemed youth organizations, Wilson has decades of experience in strengthening the physical, mental, and emotional spirit of boys and men. In Cry Like a Man, Wilson explains the dangers men face in our culture’s definition of “masculinity” and gives readers hope that healing is possible.
As Wilson writes, “My passion is to help boys and men find strength to become courageously transparent about their own brokenness as I shed light on the symptoms and causes of childhood trauma and ‘father wounds.’ I long to see men free themselves from emotional incarceration—to see their minds renewed, souls weaned, and relationships restored.”
About the Author: Jason Wilson is the director of the Cave of Adullam Transformational Academy (CATTA), a program of The Yunion nonprofit organization he founded in 2003. The CATTA has been featured on The Dr. Oz Show, Today, and CNN. In addition to more than twenty years of training and developing young men, Wilson is a faithful husband of twenty years and a proud father of two beautiful children.
Noteworthy Awards for Jason Wilson:
- 2018 True Inspiration Award, Chick-fil-A Foundation
- 2018 General Motors African Ancestry Network Award (GMAAN)
- 2018 New Detroit Social Impact Award
- 2018 Campaign for Black Male Achievement Spirituality Award
- 2016 President’s Volunteer Service Award
- 2015 CBMA Innovation Accelerator Award
- 2014 Governor’s Service Award Finalist
- 2013 BMe Leadership Award
- 2013 Spirit of Detroit Award
- 2012 Ambassador Magazine’s Ambassador of the Year
“About this title” may belong to another edition of this title.