AFTER THE BOXES ARE UNPACKED
About this Item
Avaibility: In Stock
Title: After the Boxes Are Unpacked
Publisher: Focus on the Family Publishing
Book Condition: Fair
About this title
More than 34 million Americans move each year, and studies show it can be one of the heaviest strains on a marriage. For women especially, relocating can be a traumatic event. With true stories, ingenious insights, and helpful hints, this great book makes transitioning smoother so women can get on with their lives. Those who are moving will find this valuable book as important as packing tape. Divided into three sections, After the Boxes are Unpacked helps recent movers focus on letting go of their past, starting over, and moving ahead. Topics include the following:
- How to manage the emotional stress of leaving family and friends
- How to support your spouse through a relocation
- How to build new relationships in a new city
- How to help children adjust to new surroundings and make friends
- How to find a new church home
- How to navigate financial challenges related to moving
- How to discover God’s will for you and your family in a new city
This evergreen book has been a staple for movers for 20 years and has been extensively refreshed with additional content for today’s movers.
“Susan is doing a tremendous job of helping women deal with the trauma of transition. This resource will help anyone who wants to move ahead in a healthy way after they’ve experienced a move. I highly recommend this book.” ―John Trent, PhD, President of StrongFamilies.com From the Back Cover: Help and Hope to Make It Through Your Move
Discover the encouragement and practical advice you need to survive your move―and even thrive! Susan Miller has helped thousands of women just like you, and she shares the essential tools you need for a smoother transition:
- life-giving biblical principles and ideas for coping with change
- ideas for building relationships in a new community
- true stories and powerful inspira-tion
- empathy and insights for the hard times
- survival boxes full of helpful hints
- and much more!
New expended edition!
“About this title” may belong to another edition of this title.