THE A. W. TOZER BIBLE: KING JAMES VERSION
About this Item
Avaibility: In Stock
Title: The A. W. Tozer Bible: King James Version
Publisher: Hendrickson Pub
Publication Date: 2012
Book Condition: Good
About this title
Key writings of one of the twentieth century’s most profound Christian authors are married with the scriptures that A. W. Tozer loved, studied and wrote about over the course of his forty year ministry.>
Hendrickson Publishers is proud to introduce the A. W. Tozer Bible, which will introduce a whole generation of readers to his work. Tozer (1897–1963), an pastor, preacher, student and teacher, is perhaps the closest American writer to C. S. Lewis, with the same penetrating insights and straightforward use of language. His bracing words, which accompany related passages throughout this Bible, unlock many of the mysteries of the Scriptures in language that could have been written today.
This unique volume features over 500 key selections and teachings, taken from more than 40 of Tozer’s writings, ranging from seminal bestselling books likeThe Pursuit of God and The Attributes of God to lesser-known works such as The Size of the Soul and The Root of the Righteous.
Each selection appears in one of three categories:
· Over 365 selections, each sharing the page with the Bible passage to which it refers, add depth and insight to a particular verse’s application for the believer.
· More than 100 writings that apply the deep meaning of the Christian faith to everyday life.
· Nearly 100 entries, tied to scripture, that exhort the reader to resist compla¬cency in particular areas of one’s “living out” the Word in the world.
· Brief biography of A. W. Tozer
· Over 500 Tozer selections
· Book introductions
· Words of Christ in red
About the Author: A “twentieth-century prophet” they called him even in his lifetime. For 31 years A. W. Tozer was pastor of Southside Alliance Church in Chicago, where his reputation as a man of God was citywide. Concurrently he became editor of Alliance Life, a responsibility he fulfilled until his death in 1963. His greatest legacy to the Christian world has been more than 40 books.
“About this title” may belong to another edition of this title.